Billy Horschel (Pro V1)
PGA TOUR | WGC-Dell Match Play Championship
It was an all-Titleist Pro V1 golf ball final at Austin Country Club, where Billy Horschel prevailed with a 2-and-1 victory over Scottie Scheffler on a gusty afternoon in Texas.
- Horschel’s win – his first World Golf Championship title – marked the fourth-consecutive win for Titleist golf ball players on the PGA TOUR, and 19th total this season.
- For the week, Horschel made 29 birdies and won 34 of the 122 holes he played.
- It was Horschel’s sixth victory on the PGA TOUR, and his fifth individual title, and moved him to 17th in the World Ranking.
BACK-TO-BACK PGA TOUR WINS FOR TSi DRIVERS
In addition to Titleist TSi drivers continuing to be the most played drivers this season on TOUR, the winner of the WGC-Dell Match Play gamed a NEW Titleist TSi3 9.0° driver, the second week in a row that a TSi driver has found the winner’s circle on the PGA Tour (Matt Jones, Honda Classic, TSi2).
- The winner was one of the first players to get fit into a NEW TSi driver in September.
- He put the club immediately in play in his first opportunity at the U.S. Open at Winged Foot, switching from a competitive brand, and has had it in the bag ever since.
- “The combination of speed and stability he was seeing with TSi3 was so good that he decided to make the switch right away at the U.S. Open,” said Titleist Tour Rep J.J. VanWezenbeeck.
- He also plays two TSi2 (15.0°, 18.0°) fairway metals.
FINALISTS PLAY VOKEY WEDGES
There were also three Vokey Design SM8 wedges in the bags of each finalist. The winner played SM8 52.12F, 56.10S and 60.08V models, while the runner-up had SM8 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60 A models in play.
POULTER SWITCHES TO PHANTOM X
Ian Poulter put a NEW Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11 tour prototype in play for the first time this week.
- Poulter worked with Scotty Cameron Tour Rep Drew Page on the new model at last week’s Honda Classic and tested it over the weekend before putting it in play at Austin Country Club.
- “Ian just loved the look of the 11 and the way it sits on the ground,” Page said. “Players continue to talk about how well the putter sets up and it’s a big reason that more and more continue to go into play. It doesn’t open, it doesn’t close, it just sits perfect.”
- Poulter was one of four players using a NEW Phantom X 11 or 11.5 model at the WGC-Dell.
- Max Homa won the Genesis Invitational a week after switching to the Phantom X 11.5 at Pebble Beach.
- The 2017 Masters Champion put an 11.5 in play for the first time two weeks ago at TPC Sawgrass on his way to a T-9 finish.
- Bernd Wiesberger switched to the Phantom X 11 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
PGA TOUR | Corales PuntaCana Championship
Joel Dahmen (Pro V1)
Playing a Pro V1 golf ball, Joel Dahmen earned his first PGA Tour victory with a one-shot victory in the Dominican Republic.
- Dahmen closed in 2-under 70 to hold off two players including fellow Pro V1 loyalist Rafael Campos.
- Dahmen, who moved to 61st in the World Ranking, finished the week 10th in Greens in Regulation and 4th in Scrambling.
EUROPEAN TOUR | Kenya Savannah Classic
Danie Van Tonder (Pro V1x)
Titleist Brand Ambassador Danie Van Tonder – playing a Pro V1x golf ball, NEW TSi3 driver and fairways, and Vokey Design SM8 – earned his first European Tour title with a birdie on the third hole of a sudden-death playoff.
- Van Tonder also birdied the 18th in regulation to force the playoff with Jazz Janewattananond (Pro V1).
- Van Tonder has won five of his last 13 official worldwide starts dating back to last season.
WHAT’S IN DANIE VAN TONDERS’S BAG?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: NEW TSi3 8.0° driver
Fairway Metals: NEW TSi3 13.5° & 16.5° fairways
Irons: 718 CB (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 52.08F, 62.08M wedges.
THREE-IN-A-ROW FOR TSi DRIVERS
With Van Tonder’s victory, TSi drivers have now been in the winner’s bags on the European Tour for three consecutive events, and four of the last five (not including WGC-Concession).
SUNSHINE TOUR | Serengeti Pro-Am Invitational
Jaco Prinsloo trusted a NEW Pro V1 to his second Sunshine Tour victory in three starts.
- Prinsloo closed in 4-under 68 for a two-shot victory, his third-career title on the tour.
- Titleist golf ball players have won all four events to start 2021.
PGA TOUR AUSTRALASIA | Golf Challenge NSW Open
Bryden Macpherson (Pro V1)
Bryden Macpherson (NEW Pro V1, TSi4 driver, TSi2 fairway, U500 3-iron, 620MB irons, Vokey Design SM8 wedges) won the NSW Open for his second victory in four starts.
- Macpherson, who closed in 3-under 68 to finish at 18 under and secure a three-shot victory, topped a leaderboard that featured Titleist golf ball players in each of the Top 6 positions.
- Titleist golf ball players have won all six events to start the year.