Playing a NEW Pro V1 golf ball, TSi1 driver, TSi2 fairways, T100 irons, Vokey Design SM8 wedges and Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 putter, Titleist Brand Ambassador Nelly Korda became the first player to win twice on the LPGA Tour this season, closing in 5-under 67 for a two-stroke victory.
- She finished the four days at 25-under 263, boosted by a third-round 62 that featured 11 birdies and one bogey, and played her final 5 holes Sunday in 3-under, including an eagle at the par-5 14th and a birdie on the par-5 18th, to hold off fellow Pro V1 loyalist Leonna Maguire and raise her fifth-career LPGA trophy.
- Korda claimed her first win of the season in late February at The Gainbridge LPGA, where she put her NEW Pro V1 golf ball and TSi1 driver in play for the first time.
- She has five top-10s and three top-3’s since.
- This week, she averaged 278 yards off the tee and hit 82 percent (59 of 72) of greens in regulation.
KORDA’S NEW PRO V1
Nelly Korda put the NEW 2021 Pro V1 model in play for the first time at The Gainbridge LPGA, where she was the only player to shoot all four rounds in the 60’s en route to a three-shot victory at Lake Nona.
- “Nelly immediately felt like NEW Pro V1 was coming off the face a little faster and giving her the slightly higher flight and lower spin that she’d been wanting to see in the long game,” said Jeff Beyers of Titleist Golf Ball R&D. “She was also testing a new driver and loved the performance and numbers she was seeing from that combination.”
- With Korda’s win Sunday, NEW Pro V1 and Pro V1x players have now won the last six events on the LPGA, with 13 of the first 14 events this season claimed by Titleist golf ball players.
KORDA’s TSi1 DRIVER
At The Gainbridge LPGA, Nelly Korda became the first player on major professional tour to play and win with a TSi1 driver (or prior generation TS1) model.
- Korda, who plays a TSi1 10.0° (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6), now has two wins with the ultra-lightweight, high-launching model.
- Korda put TSi1 in play following a trip to the Titleist Performance Institute in early 2021.
- “She loved the shape of the TSi1 and was swinging it with a lot confidence,” said Titleist Tour Rep J.J. VanWezenbeeck. “Initially, we were very close with TSi2 and she was gaining up to 5mph additional ball speed. But she has a slight tendency to miss on the heel and Stephanie Luttrell (Titleist’s Director of Metalwood Product Development) suggested the TSi1 head – with its CG properties being closer to face center – could help improve strike location and provide the extra forgiveness she needed on those swings. TSi1 was never going to be the obvious choice with her 150mph ball speed, but in going through the fitting process we were able test all of the options and determine the optimal setup that is getting her 10-15 additional yards with better accuracy.”
WHAT’S IN NELLY KORDA’S BAG?
Golf Ball: NEW Titleist Pro V1
Driver: TSi1 10.0° | Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 S
Fairway Metal: TSi2 16.5°, 21.0° | Fujikura Ventus Red 70 S and Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 S, respectively
Irons: T100 (5-PW) | Aerotech SteelFiber i80cw F4
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M | Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw S
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 tour prototype