PGA TOUR | Waste Management Phoenix Open
The winner of the Waste Management Phoenix Open trusted a Pro V1x to his eighth PGA Tour victory, rallying from five shots back entering the final round to win by one shot.
- The winner, who also plays three Vokey Design wedges, pitched in for eagle from 33 yards out on the 334-yard par-4 17th to move to the top of the leader board.
- He played his final six holes in 5 under, finishing with a 6-under 65.
- For the week, the winner hit 62 greens in regulation (T-1).
- A total of 92 players in the field teed up a Titleist golf ball, more than five times the nearest competitor with 16. Five of the Top 6 finishers played a Pro V1x golf ball.
- Kyoung-Hoon Lee (Pro V1x) finished in a tie for second, while fellow Pro V1x players Jordan Spieth, Carlos Ortiz and Steve Stricker tied for fourth.
Vokey Wedge Success is Unmatched
Each of the Top 6 finishers were playing Vokey wedges – five of them without an agreement – with more Vokey wedges in play this week than all competitors combined.
What's Inside the Winner’s bag
Titleist Pro V1x golf ball, Vokey Design SM8 52.12F, 56.10S, Vokey SM4 TVD 60.08 (Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400), Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2
PLAYERS CONTINUE TO SWITCH TO TSi
Titleist was the most played driver at the Waste Management Phoenix Open with 37 players, five more than the nearest competitor. Of the 32 players who teed up a NEW TSi2, TSi3 or TSi4 model, 34 percent were doing do without an agreement, including two players who made the switch this week.
PGA TOUR OF AUSTRALASIA | Victorian PGA Championship
Playing the NEW Pro V1x for the first time in competition, Chris Wood birdied the last two holes to win the Victorian PGA Championship for his first victory on the PGA TOUR of Australasia.
- Wood (NEW Pro V1x, TSi3 driver, TSi fairway, T100 irons, Vokey SM8 wedges) edged Michael Sim (Pro V1x) and James Anstiss (NEW Pro V1) by one shot, as Titleist golf ball players swept the Top 17 spots on the leaderboard.
- Wood, who played a NEW TSi3 driver, was one of 55 players in the field to use a Titleist driver, 34 more than the nearest competitor.
EUROPEAN TOUR | Saudi International
Tony Finau (Pro V1) closed with weekend 67’s to finish T-2 and earn his third straight Top 4 finish. Finau, who finished T-2 at last week’s Farmers Insurance Open and 4th the week prior at The American Express, has only posted one score higher than 69 in his last 12 rounds.
- He was one of three Titleist golf ball players in the top five, and one of six in top 11.