Stewart Cink (Pro V1x)
PGA TOUR | RBC Heritage
Playing a Pro V1x golf ball, Stewart Cink earned his second victory of the PGA TOUR season with a win at Harbour Town.
- It was the eighth-career TOUR title for Cink, who opened with a pair of 8-under 63’s on his way to a four-shot victory.
- Cink, also the winner of the season-opening Safeway Classic, led the field in Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (13.74) and tied for first in Greens in Regulation (78%).
- He finished second in Strokes Gained: Approach to the Green (8.54) and fifth in Strokes Gained: Around the Green (3.57).
- Fellow Pro V1x player Harold Varner (T-2) claimed his best-career finish with a closing 66.
- Titleist golf ball players have now won 21 times this season on the PGA Tour, seven times the nearest competitor with three.
TSi DRIVERS ARE TOUR’S TOP CHOICE
Titleist was the most played driver at the RBC Heritage, as Titleist TSi models continue to be the top choice of players on the PGA TOUR.
- Of the 44 Titleist drivers in play at Harbour Town, 40 were TSi2, TSi3 and TSi4 models.
- Titleist also led the field in utilities (32/45%), hybrids (23/41%), irons (35/26%), wedges (199/53%) and putters (49/37%).
- Titleist TSi was also the most played driver on the European Tour (50 total, 48 TSi), Korn Ferry Tour (41 total, 39 TSi) and Korean Tour (65 total, 61 TSi).
LPGA | Lotte Championship
Lydia Ko (Pro V1x Left Dash)
Lydia Ko, playing a Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash golf ball, posted a pair of weekend 65’s to win by seven shots.
- Her 28-under victory total (67-63-65-65) was the third-lowest score to par for a 72-hole tournament in LPGA history.
- Ko made 29 birdies and just one bogey over the four days, the lone bogey coming on the 11th hole in Round 1.
- She has made only one bogey over her last 100 holes on the LPGA, which includes her final-round 10-under 62 at the ANA Championship, the lowest final round in LPGA history.
- She is a combined 38 under for her last 90 holes, having hit 86.7% of Greens in Regulation and made birdie or better on 42.2 percent of holes played during that stretch.
- Titleist golf ball players have now won five of the first six events to start the LPGA season.
WHY LYDIA KO PLAYS PRO V1x LEFT DASH
Ko made the switch to Pro V1x Left Dash at the beginning of 2020 following some offseason testing.
- According to Jeff Beyers, Tour Consultant for Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Ko was looking for high launch with lower spin and quickly found Pro V1x Left Dash to be a perfect fit.
- “Lydia loved the launch and flight she was seeing with Pro V1x Left Dash, and the distance she was getting off the driver,” Beyers said. “She found the spin to be optimal throughout the bag – she’s always been able to hit different shots with her wedges and control spin or add it when she needs to – and made the decision pretty quickly that this was her new golf ball.”
KORN FERRY TOUR | MGM Resorts Championship at Paiute
Peter Uihlein (Pro V1x)
Titleist Brand Ambassador Peter Uihlein was the only player to post four rounds in the 60’s as he cruised to a four-shot win in Las Vegas.
- Playing a NEW Pro V1x golf ball, TSi2 driver and fairways and full bag of Titleist equipment, Uihlein earned his second-career victory on the KFT and moved into the Top 25 on the regular season points list.
- Uihlein led a 1-through-8 finish for Titleist golf ball players on the final leaderboard.
- Titleist was the top choice in golf balls (106/68%), drivers (41/26%), fairway metals (56/29%), utilities (30/38%), hybrids (14/25%), irons (42/27%), and wedges (227/50%).
WHAT’S IN PETER UIHLEIN’S BAG?
Golf Ball: NEW Pro V1x
Driver: TSi2 9.0° driver
Fairway Metal: TS2 15.0°
Utility Iron: 718 T-MB 3-iron
Irons: 718 MB 4-9
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 48.10F, 54.14F, 58.10S, 62.08M
Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5.
KOREAN TOUR | The 16th DB Insurance Promi Open
DoYeob Mun (Pro V1x)
Pro V1x loyalist DoYeob Mun claimed his second KPGA Tour title, closing in 1-under 71 for a three-shot victory.
- Titleist Brand Ambassador JooHyung Kim (NEW Pro V1x, TSi3 9.0 driver, TSi2 15.0 and TS3 21.0 fairways, T100 irons, Vokey SM8 52.12F, 56.10S, 60.06K wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 tour prototype) finished solo second.
- Eleven of the 15 players who finished among the Top 10 and ties relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success.
- Titleist was the top choice in golf balls (100/66.7%), drivers (65/43.3%), fairway metals (68/39.5%), irons (65/43.3%), and wedges (260/63%).
PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS | Chubb Classic
U.S. Ryder Cup captain Steve Stricker earned his sixth Champions Tour title, trusting a Pro V1x golf ball to a final-round 5-under 67 and one-shot victory in Naples, FL.
Stricker led a 1-through-5 finish for Titleist golf ball players.