June 12, 2018 at 11:24 AM
By Joshua B
I had the chance to take advantage of going to the Open down in Shinnecock yesterday... a traffic induced 3 hours away. What a gorgeous piece of land, the TV doesnt do you any justice. Here are a few pics and tips if you are going:
1. The train is easiest, buy tix in advance
2. If you drive there is a lot 11 miles away and you shuttle for free by bus
3. Food: there is a Starbucks and Hotdog/Sandwich spot as soon as you walk in...hold your hunger pains(we should have) bc there is a Ruth Chris and Ben and Jerry stand in the food court further down.
4. Be aware of golf carts, they are EVERYWHERE
5. The wind is fierce, even when warm bring extra clothes, and closed shoes...that grass is tall!
6. Buy a logo something in the shop...its the only time you will get to and will regret ...if you dont
7. There is a virtual spot to see the course like a player and a spot to hit that epic Tiger put of years past...to you put your skills to the test.
Enjoy...here is to Lefty getting that grand slam!
Cathi, Titleist Club ConciergeCarlsbad, CA
John MClayton, CA
Jerry MDallas, TX
Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet?